Chabrier Avocats regularly advises owners, tenants, construction companies, investors, developers, banks and related service providers, both active in Switzerland and abroad in relation to their real estate projects.
Our practice mainly encompasses acquisitions (asset deals and share deals) involving all types of real estate assets or portfolios (residential, office, retail, industrial buildings as well as hotels), construction and renovation projects, real property leasing arrangements, commercial leases, financing, and management of real estate assets.
Our activity consists in conducting due diligence, drafting and reviewing all kind of legal documentation (notably asset purchase agreements, share purchase agreements, partnership agreements, shareholders agreements, financing agreement, mezzanine and bridge loan agreements, construction agreements, etc.) assisting with the financing of the project (including negotiations with institutional or private lenders), reviewing the construction processes, attending project management committee.
We also represent our clients in all kinds of disputes.
OUR RECENT EXPERIENCE
- Providing full legal support and participation in the project management committee for a CHF 500m residential project (260 apartments + 50 villas + 65 apartments dedicated to seniors with services) in the Canton of Geneva;
- Assisting a Swiss prominent crowdfunding company in relation to the acquisition and financing of various properties in the French speaking part of Switzerland.
- Assisting a Swiss bank in various real estate projects in Geneva (drafting the legal documentation, assisting the bank in the due diligence and acquisition phases, etc.)
- Providing full legal support in relation to the acquisition and development of a CHF 150m residential project in the region of Montreux (Canton of Vaud);
- Providing full legal support and participation in the project management committee for a CHF 125m residential project in the Canton of Geneva;
- Providing legal assistance (due diligence and drafting of an asset purchase agreement) in relation to the acquisition by a foreign investor of a CHF 25m commercial property in the Canton of Geneva;
- Conducting of legal due diligence within the frame of the acquisition of an important real estate portfolio in France and Switzerland.