“The trust my clients place in me – and my ability to understand their needs – this is what drives me most each day.”
With more than 20 years’ experience in the commodities industry, Marc’s expertise includes trade finance, international sanctions and trade embargoes, commercial contracts, and regulatory issues. He regularly advises among the largest companies in the energy and soft commodities sectors on contentious and non-contentious commercial and financial operations.
Marc’s expertise also includes a broad range of finance, corporate and commercial transactions (including domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures and private equity transactions) as well as commercial contracts and related work, particularly for companies and investors active in the commodities and real estate sectors.
- Advising among the world’s largest agri-commodities companies on their commercial trading arrangements and structured trade finance operations
- Advising major international energy trading companies on the Swiss and international sanctions regimes relating to their commercial and financial activities
- Drafting and reviewing credit facility and security documents for international lenders such as banks, hedge funds and trading houses
- Assisting a consortium of banks on large-scale pre-export financing fraud
- Assisting a major US investment bank to migrate one of its largest commodities clients to Switzerland, involving the novation of a USD 1bn set of sale and purchase, financing and security arrangements
- Advising a US-based real estate investment company in the acquisition of hotels and student residences in Switzerland
- Advising international companies and high net worth individuals about establishing trading structures and asset holding companies in Switzerland and Europe
- Advising a real estate development company within the frame of a CHF 450M residential development in Switzerland
- Graduated from the University of Geneva (1998)
- Trained at a reputable Geneva-based firm practicing on numerous international litigations and arbitrations
- Joined Chabrier Avocats (2001) and became a partner (2003)
- Free Trade ("The Lawyer Magazine")
- Various interviews, articles in client newsletters and alerts