“What defines my constant state of mind is a desire to listen and understand my clients’ needs and, most of all, to build bridges wherever possible.”
For more than two decades, Karim has employed his experience and thoughtfulness to advise individuals, companies and financial institutions on a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions and regulatory issues.
These include cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, bank lending, debt issuance and other financing transactions, joint ventures and equity issues for private clients.
- Advising a top Chinese investment holding company regarding the acquisition of a USD 1bn+ Swiss sport and media marketing company
- Lead counsel in a complex USD 950M debt recovery case in multiple jurisdictions
- Advising a German corporate investor about the acquisition of a majority stake in a Swiss aviation group with subsidiaries in several European jurisdictions
- Advising a Saudi group regarding the acquisition of several Swiss real estate companies
- Advising a syndicate of Mideastern investors about the acquisition of a minority stake in a French-listed e-commerce group
- Assisting a major UAE financial company setting up a bank in Switzerland and acquiring a UK financial regulated company
- Representing a Swiss real estate company on several secured lending arrangements including issuance of junior notes
- Advising a major multi-disciplinary US company (active in aviation, digital, energy connections, healthcare, oil & gas, power, etc.) regarding the compliance of its Swiss subsidiary’s activities with Swiss regulations
- Graduated from the University of Geneva (1998)
- Trained at one of the most reputable law firm in Geneva, during which he appeared in major criminal and civil proceedings involving business and political leaders, as well as major arbitration and financial cases
- Joined an international law firm based in Zurich, Zug, Geneva, London and Madrid, as associate, in its Commercial and Financial law Department (2002)
- Joined Chabrier Avocats as partner (2004)
- Also duly authorized to act as a financial intermediary in Switzerland