Litigation & Arbitration
Chabrier Avocats has, over the last 20 years, represented clients of all kinds (from high net worth individuals to multi-national companies, banks as well as foreign governments) before the cantonal and federal courts in a variety of complex and high-value financial disputes in criminal and civil matters.
Our lawyers regularly handle large commercial disputes arising in a wide range of industries, including banking & finance, energy & commodities, constructions & real estate, transportation, life science and manufacturing as well as disputes arising from shareholder and joint venture agreements.
Our team is recognized as being leading specialists in financial criminal matters, acting both for plaintiffs or in defense.
The firm has a proven expertise and experience in leading complex claims, managing voluminous cases, participating as local advisor in large teams of lawyers and experts in various jurisdictions, and cooperating closely with clients' in-house and local counsel.
OUR RECENT EXPERIENCE
- Representing very high net worth individual clients in one of the highest profile white–collar crime case of the last years in Switzerland, in relation to a massive fraud committed by a bank employee. We have advised both on the criminal case as on the civil (liability) aspects;
- Successfully representing a sovereign fund as plaintiff in the very first case of a Swiss bank being taken to trial on charges of money-laundering;
- Representing a high net worth individual in a major financial case against a Swiss Bank following breaches by the bank of its obligations in relation to assets deposited with the bank and investments;
- Representing a foreign Government in relation to defending against attachment of assets in several jurisdictions, including primarily Switzerland;
- Acting for a foreign National Bank in a multi-hundred of million cases against a Swiss-based defendant – coordinating with teams of lawyers in 5 other jurisdictions;
- Representing a G7 government agency in relation to a large financial dispute with a Swiss Company;
- Representing one of the world’s largest energy trading company in a dispute governed by the Swiss Rules of International Arbitration (in relation to insurance matters);
- Representing defendants (individuals as well as companies) in cases of corruption of very high-ranking foreign officials.